incubator-general mailing list archives

From Tetsuya Kitahata <tets...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Setup Incubator resources for WS jUDDI Project
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2003 03:12:39 GMT

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 12:11:45 -0700
Greg Stein <gstein@lyra.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 17, 2003 at 10:59:29AM -0700, Steve Viens wrote:
> >   Create jUDDI mailing lists and archives:
> >       juddi-dev@ws.apache.org
> >       juddi-user@ws.apache.org
> >       juddi-cvs@ws.apache.org

> What is the size of this project's community? For starting communities,
> I disagree with the notion of separating the dev and user groups. I
> think all discussion ought to happen on the dev list, in front of the
> people who are implementing the code. The devs should not be that out
> of touch from their users.

> If the community is already large, and the split is necessary, then
> fine. But the experience on incubated projects has pretty uniformly
> shown that the split is not justified.

Uuhhmmm. Not sure but I think that it is reasonable to split
the mailing lists into user/dev/cvs from the beginning.

> >       juddi-dev@ws.apache.org
> >       juddi-user@ws.apache.org
> >       juddi-cvs@ws.apache.org

would be reasonable.

> However, you should also provide patches to the incubator-site module
> to get the relevant Incubator web pages fixed up properly. And where
> you see other patches about the Incubator process or info or whatever,
> submit those, too. The Incubator site itself needs assistance...

I'd love to assist. How can I?

Cheers,

E-mail: tetsuya@apache.org  http://www.terra-intl.com/
(Accredited Herrmann Brain Dominance Instrument Facilitator)
http://www.hbdi.com/