incubator-general mailing list archives

From Tetsuya Kitahata <>
Subject Re: XMLBeans website
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2003 23:08:12 GMT

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 14:10:03 -0700
(Subject: XMLBeans website)
"David Remy" <> wrote:

> I am getting close to having a revised XMLBeans website using Forrest
> ready for publication.  I have a few questions that I am hoping
> someone will know about.

I am eager to see :)

> 1) I am thinking of having the website as a top level directory under
> xml-xmlbeans in cvs (a peer to v1 and soon v2).  It looks like other
> projects have their website in their source tree, is that common
> practice?

Maybe, "The Apache Cocoon" ('s
case gives you a nice suggestion.
I do not know whether there is a *common* practice in
or not, though.

> 2) Given the above, I am able to generate the website using forrest
> and it creates the build directory containing the published website
> on my machine.  What is the strategy for getting the website
> generated into  Do I just copy the build
> directory somewhere or is there a more elegant way?  Is there an
> automated way to have the website generated from the Forrest source?
> That is what ForrestBot is for, right?  I'm not clear on how to set
> that up.

Ask at They guide you in proper direction,
I suppose. (Before that, I recommend you to checkout the xml-site
module from CVS repo)
Also, Jeff Turner and Apache Forrest team are sure to support you
in the "ForrestBot" area, I suppose.

> 3) There is some nice html formatted documentation that would be
> great to have integrated with the site.  Does anyone know if there is
> a way to have Forrest integrate html pages into the Forrest site
> build?  Or at least a good way for them to co-exist?

Dunno. Ask at (I cc-ed this mail to

> thanks for any help here!
> rem

Hope this helps.