incubator-general mailing list archives

From Tetsuya Kitahata <tets...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] New Chair (Re: cvs commit : incubator STATUS)
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2003 14:05:02 GMT

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 09:15:43 -0400
Jim Jagielski <jim@jagunet.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday, September 17, 2003, at 09:14  AM, Tetsuya Kitahata wrote:

> > I'd like to put my sincere plus one as the New Chair of
> > the Apache Incubator Project To
> >
> > [ ] Nicola Ken Barozzi
> > [ ] Ken Coar
> > [ ] Paul Hammant
>
> ?? :)

Okay, I ack'ed your
>   +   Current nominees are listed below and the PMC does the actual
>   +   selection:
cvs commit messsage.

Please go on the vote at PMC@incubator list.

--

P.S.

"Since the PMC is responsible for the oversight, and is the
entity delegated by the board for such, then they should
have the decision who is the chair. The board can appoint
whoever they want, but the recommendation/selection is
from the PMC." means that "everyone can put their opinions
to PMC and PMC can select/recommend one person to Board",
I can interpret... This statement does not prevent the committers
from voting in the *open* manner, it seems.

__ Tetsuya <tetsuya@apache.org> __