incubator-general mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: Setup Incubator resources for WS jUDDI Project
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2003 19:11:45 GMT
On Wed, Sep 17, 2003 at 10:59:29AM -0700, Steve Viens wrote:
>   Create jUDDI mailing lists and archives:
>       juddi-dev@ws.apache.org
>       juddi-user@ws.apache.org
>       juddi-cvs@ws.apache.org

What is the size of this project's community? For starting communities, I
disagree with the notion of separating the dev and user groups. I think
all discussion ought to happen on the dev list, in front of the people who
are implementing the code. The devs should not be that out of touch from
their users.

If the community is already large, and the split is necessary, then fine.
But the experience on incubated projects has pretty uniformly shown that
the split is not justified.

> Please let me know if the "general@incubator.apache.org" list is not
> the correct place/mechanism to make these requests.

Yup, this is the right place. I see that Dims is the shepherd, so he will
be tracking to make sure that things get done for you.

However, you should also provide patches to the incubator-site module to
get the relevant Incubator web pages fixed up properly. And where you see
other patches about the Incubator process or info or whatever, submit
those, too. The Incubator site itself needs assistance...

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/