incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jochen Wiedmann <...@ispsoft.de>
Subject Licensing issue
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2003 09:24:58 GMT

Hi,

I have a question which possibly came up earlier in the past. For me I have no
answer.

I have started to write a manual for an incubating open source project.
(http://ws.apache.org/jaxme) I would like to extend the manual to a general
reference on the JAXB specification and JaxMe in particular. Finally I
would like to be able to publish this as a book.

The obvious question is: How can I do that in compliance with the ASF. My
preferred solution would be some kind of double licensing: The manual is still
hosted as a part of the usual CVS repository and any updates makes its way
into the resulting distribution. But is that compliant with the ASF guidelines?
For obvious reasons I would like to reserve publication somehow rights as long
as I still believe to finish this work. (We all have dreams, which will never
be fulfilled. ;-)

An alternative might be, to host the DocBook sources on another repository
under a separate license and copy the derived HTML and PDF only from time
to time into the Apache repository.

Thanks for any hints,

Jochen