incubator-general mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ASF member role - accountable to whom
Date Sun, 21 Sep 2003 12:28:06 GMT

On Sunday, Sep 21, 2003, at 08:18 Europe/Rome, Steven Noels wrote:

> Noel J. Bergman wrote:
>
>> As I understand what is being said, a project is to have a sponsor
>> who is an
>> ASF Member or Officer.  Note that the Incubator PMC Chair is an ASF
>> Officer,
>> as is every PMC Chair.
>
> ... but not every PMC chair is a member (i.e. myself). Things can get
> quite funny, that way. It seems like there's some cracks in the > Matrix.

It might look, admittedly, strange that an ASF officer is not an ASF
member, but for the PMC chair role, the person has been selected
because he cares very much about one project: this doesn't make the
person 'automatically' caring for the entire foundation.

[I'm not pointing fingers to anyone, just stating an abstract concept]

I would, personally, be against a PMC chair which is not a member as
the incubator sponsor for a project which doesn't reside under the PMC
he/she leads.

It might well just be me, but I see no cracks in our Matrix.

--
Stefano.