incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Adam Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>
Subject Re: gump for incubating projects?
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2003 21:51:18 GMT

> is there anything to prevent gump builds being set up for incubating
> projects?
>
> (other than actually doing the work, of course ;)

If you are asking -- could incubator projects be gump'ed, then sure -- the
great resources in the sky willing. ;-) If you are asking ought such young
projects be gumped, I'd say -- certainly, especially if they re-use each
other. (BTW: Isn't this really what commons-sandbox is?)

If you are asking for a separate gump for incubator-only projects, I see no
problem w/ that. I have set up standalone gumps (whittle down profiles) as
have others. One could do that w/o much effort. If you are discuss this,
then personally I'd be interested in seeing a "subsidary gump" (that fed of
the projects in main gump, copying jars) and then built only the incubator
code.

Do you mind elaborating on your thoughts?

regards

Adam