incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Michael Vasiliou" <Mvas...@toronto.ca>
Subject Re: Names & Projects
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2003 15:31:39 GMT
What about something like: Gossamer

It's fairly straight forward for those who know what it means. And those who don't know what
it means (mainly out of touch people higher in management) will not want to admit their ignorance
that they don't know what it means and thus not snub the project on the basis of it's name.

>>> norm@coredevelopers.net 08/06/03 11:23AM >>>
Geronimo was the nickname given to Goyathlay of the Bedonkohe Apache by the
Mexican government in the late 1800s.  It's spanish for "Jerome".  The man
was a celebrity in the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries, even
rode in Teddy Roosevelt's inaugural parade.  He's probably not the best
representative of his time or his people (his charm is completely lost on
me--I grew up in Osceola, WI) and as far as names go, it could be a lot
worse.  There's a company here in Minneapolis, for example, named
"Infinetivity".

I'd hate to have to design that logo : )

I'm sure once upon a time people were wary of running their sites on 'a
patchy server' as well.

Cheers,
--
N. Alex Rupp (norm@coredevelopers.net)