incubator-general mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: where should the maven-generated website go?
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2003 12:01:03 GMT

James Strachan wrote, On 11/08/2003 13.50:
>> Please do not publish the site directly to the server as we use the
>> incubator-site CVS for better oversight. We could change this, of
>> course, but ATM this is the way it's meant to be.
>
> Is there any way around this restriction? Its just so easy to publish
> automatically. Going the CVS route is much more painful.

This discussion has already been done on this list and the final
decision was to keep CVS. In fact ForrestBot publishes to CVS as you
see, while it's much easier to go directly to the site.

> The website is
> also quite big; storing every clover report, junit report, javadoc site
> in CVS seems like an awful waste of disk space.

It has been even questioned the need to publish javadocs that can be
done locally by users. More I think of it, more I agree, as doing it for
all Apache projects is an awful lot of duplication and disk space.

In any case, you are free to restart a discussion on this; in any case,
references to this decision are in the archives.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -