incubator-general mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: where should the maven-generated website go?
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2003 11:29:32 GMT

James Strachan wrote, On 11/08/2003 12.31:
> I'm wondering if it'd be OK to create a directory (say) inside the
> incubator website tree. e.g.
>
> /www/incubator.apache.org/projects/geronimo/...
>
> then I can update this website automatically every day from CVS.

Incubator projects can create their website with any system they like,
as long as the overall style is not to difform WRT the style of other
Apache sites. In the case of Maven, of course, it's perfectly fine.

The projects, as FTPserver and AltRMI do, should keep the project
documentation in their respective CVS space. To publish it, you just
need to commit the docs in the incubator-site CVS under the build dir.

Please do not publish the site directly to the server as we use the
incubator-site CVS for better oversight. We could change this, of
course, but ATM this is the way it's meant to be.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -