incubator-general mailing list archives

From Vic Cekvenich <vic_cekven...@basebeans.com>
Subject Re: Marc Fleury reacts (Fw: [JBoss-dev] July 2003 news)
Date Sat, 09 Aug 2003 02:46:52 GMT

> Keep your FUD to yourself -- it is not welcome here. Especially when you
> have no facts.
>
> -g

I think this is beeing rushed, and the process looks diferent then the
process for Tapestry into incubator for example, where there was a
public vote; and I think Incubator had a process documemented someplace.
Sun is on the ASF board I think? (I think there is a way to vote on that
as well)
And there is some issues btwn Jboss and Sun, now ASF is in taking sides
(and taking the wrong side I think).
If I had more I would mention it , but there are other threads:
http://www.theserverside.com/home/thread.jsp?thread_id=20763

It makes little sense to me to do this in this way, so I am just looking
at how the wind is blowing. For now I just am saying this is wild guess.
The comunity is not asking for EJB, that I know of. I hope for ASF to be
OS centric and not vendor centric (ASSuME-ing I guessed right)

More on how close Sun/ASF are:
http://www.mail-archive.com/general@jakarta.apache.org/msg07802.html

There are many others in this mail list that voiced concrened, so it
would behove the board to consider the input.

.V

(recently, I switched my project from ASF license to
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/1.0 )