incubator-general mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] An Apache J2EE server project
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2003 14:00:24 GMT

Simply put:

- Apache is not forking the code

- Apache will make any useful community-based project as long as there
   are developers that want to do it, especially if server-side, and
   it's difficult to argue that there is no use of J2EE products

- This is regular, as it has been discussed by Apache members and
   decided by the Apache board

Please don't spread FUD.

Vic Cekvenich wrote, On 07/08/2003 15.51:

> (Note: I am not a comitter, but a user)
> -1
> Here is why:
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/general@jakarta.apache.org/msg03376.html
> http://www.mail-archive.com/general@jakarta.apache.org/msg03376.html
>
> And I am with JBoss on this, you can't just fork the code.
> (http://sourceforge.net/projects/elba )
>
> No need for complexia :
> http://www.softwarereality.com/programming/ejb/index.jsp
> Users want KISS. No need for an EJB project.
>
> (did anyone vote? This is not regular)
>
> .V
>
> ps:
>
> I think ASF endoring SUN's EJB, makes no sense now, to late.
>
> http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=SUNW&d=c&k=c2&a=v&p=e5,m20,m100,m200,e200&t=2y&l=off&z=l&q=l
> vs:
> http://viva.sourceforge.net/
> They are trading near liquidation, the value of cash in bank.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -