incubator-general mailing list archives

Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Creating
Date Mon, 18 Aug 2003 12:41:37 GMT
I suggested morgue because it is a newspaper term that basically
means "library". Because newspapers are time sensitive, not unlike
versions of code, yesterday's stories are "dead" and go into the

Others have suggested "archive", which works just as well. For some
reason, though, I think of old code as dead ... useful, but dead ...
so I proposed "morgue".

Ken Kress
SAS, The Bank of New York                            484.605.4834

"Andrew C. Oliver" <>
08/15/2003 06:27 PM
Please respond to general

        To:     "" <>
        Subject:        Re: [PROPOSAL] Creating

I don't know since I'm not the one who suggested it :-)  "Ken Kress" did.

However if I had to suggest what one would put in a morgue, I would
dead people.  They don't tend to fight too much and generally find the
accommodations acceptable.

On 8/15/03 6:13 PM, "Paul Hammant" <> wrote:

> Andy,
> What are we planning to put in the morgue ?
> - Paul
>>> What about "morgue".
>> The things may be dead, but the living still want to poke them about a
>> before they are finally buried.. or perhaps brought back to life again
>> the "" project.

Andrew C. Oliver
For Java and Excel, Got POI?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

The information in this e-mail, and any attachment therein, is confidential and for use by
the addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient, please return the e-mail to the
sender and delete it from your computer. Although The Bank of New York attempts to sweep e-mail
and attachments for viruses, it does not guarantee that either are virus-free and accepts
no liability for any damage sustained as a result of viruses.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message