incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: [PROPOSAL] Creating graveyard.apache.org
Date Fri, 15 Aug 2003 18:30:03 GMT
> > The infrastructure team is already preparing archive.apache.org for this
> > purpose.

> This is the technical part, and there is more to it, as policies wether
> a project is to be [archived], and how.  There are also issues about
> what to gather [for archived] projects.

Those sound like good things to raise on community@.  Infrastructure has
already provided the basic technology.  When it comes down to it, each PMC
will be responsible, probably with a basic policy being expressed by the
Board.  But ideally we should be able to discuss and codify that policy,
with the Board simply saying "Good job.  Do it."

> One thing is releases, ie program artifacts, and another is project
> resources.

Right.  We can identify what each of those items are, and how they should be
archived.

	--- Noel