incubator-general mailing list archives

From James Strachan <james_strac...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: JIRA @ ASF (was: Re: policy question)
Date Fri, 22 Aug 2003 12:48:40 GMT
On Thursday, August 21, 2003, at 06:36  pm, Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> I think it would be helpful to have a discussion and consensus on which
> issue tracking tool should be adopted, and why, but it ought to be
> ASF-wide.
> I don't believe that it makes sense for us to use multiple tools in
> the same
> space.

Providing there are enough volunteers to support a particular tool -
why not let the individual communities decide which tool they want to
use? Sure we should try limit the number of different tools, but
different communities may like different things and forcing everyone to
move to one tool might not be ideal.

e.g. some communities might be quite happy with bugzilla & have learnt
it & happy with it, others might be totally in love with JIRA and
shudder at the thought of buzilla etc.

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/