incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Kalusivalingam Thirugnanam" <kalu.th...@wipro.com>
Subject RE: Invitation to participate in Apache J2EE efforts
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2003 06:07:20 GMT
Hi,

I am also interested to participate in Apache J2EE initiative.

I am working with various technolgies of Java for the past 7 Years.

Do let me know how to get involved in it.

Regards,
Kalu

-----Original Message-----
From: Greg Stein [mailto:gstein@apache.org]
Sent: Tuesday, August 05, 2003 9:28 PM
To: announce@apache.org; general@jakarta.apache.org;
general@incubator.apache.org; Bela Ban;
javagroups-development@lists.sourceforge.net;
javagroups-users@lists.sourceforge.net;
jboss-development@lists.sourceforge.net;
jboss-user@lists.sourceforge.net; jonas@objectweb.org;
openjms-developer@lists.sourceforge.net;
openjms-user@lists.sourceforge.net; openorb-devel@lists.sourceforge.net;
openorb-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Invitation to participate in Apache J2EE efforts

As you may have heard by now, the Apache Software Foundation has
initiated a project to develop an open source, Apache-licensed
implementation of the J2EE specification. In addition, the project is
committed to certifying the implementation as J2EE compliant. This is an
ambitious goal and will present a formidable challenge for the people
involved, given the wide range of technologies covered by the
specification.

The project (tentatively named "Apache Geronimo") builds upon the many
Java projects at the Apache Software Foundation. In addition, the
project is bringing together leading members of the Castor, JBoss, MX4J
and OpenEJB communities. We would like to extend an open invitation to
everyone involved in the J2EE space, both commercial entities and
talented individuals, to join the community and build a world-class J2EE
implementation.

The Apache Software Foundation is in a unique position to build a J2EE
compliant platform. Our non-profit, charity status, and our relationship
with Sun Microsystems, provides the Foundation with access to the J2EE
TCKs, making it possible to achieve certification. In addition, our
flexible and unrestrictive licensing makes it possible for a wide
variety of participants to assist in the development of Apache Geronimo,
and to build their own solutions upon the platform.

Apache Geronimo has been launched within the Apache Incubator. You can
find more information about the Incubator at
http://incubator.apache.org/. To find out more about this project or if
you would like to become involved, please send email to the incubator
mailing list: general@incubator.apache.org

    On behalf of the Apache Geronimo Team,

    Greg Stein,
    Chairman of the Apache Software Foundation

--
gstein@apache.org ... ASF Chairman ... http://www.apache.org/