incubator-general mailing list archives

From James Strachan <james_strac...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: To those interested in helping out
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2003 12:50:55 GMT

On Tuesday, August 12, 2003, at 09:08  pm, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> an awful lot of the 'me too' traffic on general@incubator
> came from messages i moderated through.  in other words,
> the senders are likely *not* on the general@ list.  i'd like
> to suggest that a how-to-subscribe-to-the-right-list(s)
> message be sent to the same distributions as the message
> that triggered all the mail in the first place.  otherwise
> all those people will have essnentially sent their mail
> into a black hole.

Maybe we should have a standard reply that moderators can post to those
people, directing them to the right mail list & website?

Can the mailing list software automatically detect that the sender
isn't on the list and that they mention Geronimo in the mail and send
an automated reply? That'd save traffic on the list and lighten the
moderator load.

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/