incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoli...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JIRA @ ASF (was: Re: policy question)
Date Fri, 22 Aug 2003 13:50:31 GMT
> Yes.  It's no good me or any one person promising to be here in 5 years
> time.  There has to be a pool of users sufficiently interested and
> empowered to be able to become administrators.

5 years ago, there probably wasn't bugzilla...  If a particular community
decides to use it, then someone will step forward or the system can be
uninstalled.  No biggy.

> I think the 'empowered' part is where Bugzilla falls down.  I don't know
> about Scarab, but JIRA administration is mostly done through the web
> interface.  Project-specific admins can be specified, who are allowed to
> create new versions/components for their project.
>

> --Jeff
>
>> For JIRA, we have you and Henri Yandell volunteering to help admin the
>> tool.  For bugzilla, we've really got no one who seems devoted to it
>> (or they just stay quiet).  Both Scarab and bugzilla apparently have
>> made great strides elsewhere, but their ASF installations have
>> languished, and haven't been anyone's priority to maintain.  Both are
>> scheduled to be updated as soon as a major operating system update to
>> nagoya is completed, but that's been postponed.
>>
>> --- Noel

Andrew C. Oliver

http://jakarta.apache.org/poi
For Java and Excel, Got POI?

The views expressed in this email are those of the author and are almost
definitely not shared by the Apache Software Foundation, its board or its
general membership.  In fact they probably most definitively disagree with
everything espoused in the above email.