incubator-general mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <rdon...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] create a new geronimo@incubator.apache.org mail list
Date Sun, 10 Aug 2003 09:47:23 GMT

On Thursday, August 7, 2003, at 06:48 PM, Aaron Bannert wrote:

> On Wednesday, August 6, 2003, at 03:48  AM, James Strachan wrote:
>> So to avoid drowning out other general-incubator discussions and to help
>> keep the noise down for folks who only want to keep track of geronimo I'
>> d like to propose a new geronimo-only mail list be created.
>>
>> How about
>>
>> 	geronimo-dev@incubator.apache.org
>
> Will Geronimo eventually become part of another top-level project,
> like Jakarta, or will it become its own top-level project?

it should probably become a top level project. it didn't originate from
jakarta (though there are plenty of folks from jakarta-land participating)
  and the process required for a proposal backed from jakarta has not been
followed.

i'd be inclined to -1 any proposal to add another project of this size and
(legal) complexity to those being managed by the jakarta pmc. of course,
it'll probably be included in the jakarta news stuff and linked from
jakarta pages.

- robert