incubator-general mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr. <ge...@adeptra.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo: Sounds like some plans have already been made...
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2003 19:02:02 GMT

On Thursday, August 7, 2003, at 02:06 PM, Aaron Bannert wrote:

> On Wednesday, August 6, 2003, at 08:51  AM, Henri Yandell wrote:
>
>> James/Geir need to create a PROPOSAL.html or some such.
>> To do this, they need CVS.
>
> Post any files you want committed, or patches, and I or someone
> with appropriate privs can commit them. Eventually we'll get sick
> of committing all your contributions and give you direct access. :)

>> To get CVS, they need to get around the -1 on the name from Roy, or
>> just
>> ignore him.
>>
>> What are the incubator rules on -1's in this case? Is Roy's -1
>> binding?
>
> Yes, it is binding. Compromise with him or come up with another name.

If we're talking about his comment on the member's list, I don't
understand why it's binding.  I respect it, agree with it, and
certainly want to change the name too, but I don't understand why any
post by a member can do that when there was no vote being taken.

For example, could I veto the name 'XMLBean' by just posting to the
members list?  I don't think so.

>> Once the PROPOSAL.html is written, it and STATUS.html should contain
>> the
>> information you're asking for.
>
> Let's just stick to plain text for now.

Adeptra, Inc.                                       203-434-2093(m)
geirm@adeptra.com                                   203-247-1713(m)