incubator-general mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Re: Geronimo is an EJB container?
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2003 19:59:56 GMT
On Wednesday, August 6, 2003, at 02:21 PM, Aaron Mulder wrote:

> 	Maybe it's just me, but I thought it was a _weakness_ of JBoss
> that the EJB container is "built in".  Why is Geronimo an extensible
> EJB
> container, instead of a J2EE server framework that accepts a generic
> EJB
> container as well as a generic servlet container, generic mail service,
> etc?

Absolutely.  Although, I think being able to plugin in a new EJB
container is important, I think having a default container
implementation that is extensible is critical to our success.  As more
and more services are piled on by the J2EE spec, we need to easily be
able to add them without a total rewrite of a highly coupled system.
It will also allow revolutionary new services to be built and tried out
without requiring big changes to the base server.

Basically good all around...

-dain

  * Dain Sundstrom
  * Partner