incubator-general mailing list archives

From Marcin Maciukiewicz <ciu...@hbz.pl>
Subject Re: AW: We want to donate a XML / Cocoon / EJB / WebStart - based CMS
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2003 21:16:38 GMT
>> Maybe you should start from www.sourceforge.net. Many great
>> projects are there. It gives you ability to show your code to
>> all OS community and get more contributors. jakarta-poi for
>> example started like this (if I good remember). Registration
>> process for new project take only few minutes:)

SMK> Yes, I know :)
SMK> But I think the project is getting growing up and because of the
SMK> reputation of Apache and the relationships between this project and
SMK> other Apache projects it would be much nicer to donate it to the Apache
SMK> Foundation.

My own advice is to show all code you want to contribute. That's why proposed sf.net.
During all registration problems at Apache you can prepare yourself for "big community work"
at sf.net.
This is also good way to share your code and all ideas to the world.

Anyway - i'd like to see your project and help with your public
project (wherever it happen;)

--
Ciukes