incubator-general mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr. <ge...@adeptra.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo: Sounds like some plans have already been made...
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2003 19:29:51 GMT

On Thursday, August 7, 2003, at 03:02 PM, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

> On Thursday, August 7, 2003, at 02:06 PM, Aaron Bannert wrote:
>

>> On Wednesday, August 6, 2003, at 08:51  AM, Henri Yandell wrote:
>>
>>> James/Geir need to create a PROPOSAL.html or some such.
>>> To do this, they need CVS.
>>
>> Post any files you want committed, or patches, and I or someone
>> with appropriate privs can commit them. Eventually we'll get sick
>> of committing all your contributions and give you direct access. :)
>

>>> To get CVS, they need to get around the -1 on the name from Roy, or
>>> just
>>> ignore him.
>>>
>>> What are the incubator rules on -1's in this case? Is Roy's -1
>>> binding?
>>
>> Yes, it is binding. Compromise with him or come up with another name.
>
> If we're talking about his comment on the member's list, I don't
> understand why it's binding.  I respect it, agree with it, and
> certainly want to change the name too, but I don't understand why any
> post by a member can do that when there was no vote being taken.
>
> For example, could I veto the name 'XMLBean' by just posting to the
> members list?  I don't think so.

I completely forgot the list I was posting to - information about posts
on the members list is not for public distribution.  I hope you all
understand.  I apologize to Roy and the entire ASF for this stupid
mistake on my part.

This thread must stop here.

geir

Adeptra, Inc.                                       203-434-2093(m)
geirm@adeptra.com                                   203-247-1713(m)