incubator-general mailing list archives

From James Strachan <>
Subject Re: where should the maven-generated website go?
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2003 17:58:00 GMT

On Monday, August 11, 2003, at 06:36  pm, Noel J. Bergman wrote:

>> It has been even questioned the need to publish javadocs that can be
>> done locally by users.  More I think of it, more I agree, as doing it
>> for all Apache projects is an awful lot of duplication and disk space.
> If I am working with a package, e.g., Avalon, I might not have the
> javadocs
> or sources local.  I often find references in the javadocs via Google,
> which
> can be quite helpful.  Before any decision to not publish javadocs
> were to
> be taken, I'd sooner see those published directly.

Agreed - I like publishing of javadocs & junit reports & clover test
coverage analysis etc.

The only disagreement is - should all this dynamically generated stuff
go into CVS or not. It seems silly to put it into CVS - since its
trivial to regenerate the site at any point using Maven. Its worse than
saying lets check every version of a jar into CVS.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message