incubator-general mailing list archives

From James Strachan <james_strac...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: [geronimo] Core Service Framework (Was: RE: Names & Projects)
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2003 17:06:00 GMT

On Wednesday, August 6, 2003, at 05:55  pm, Tim Urberg wrote:

>> A J2EE container is a little different from an Avalon container.
>> Avalon
>> is a generic service/component framework. The core Geronimo container
>> is an optimised J2EE container developed from a great deal of
>> experience and use of JBoss, OpenEJB & mx4j.  Its particularly geared
>> towards EJB & MDBs.
>
> I have a question about this.  What parts of JBoss, OpenEJB, and MX4J
> did you
> use?  I curious about this because I'm an OpenEJB committer.

Speaking on behalf of all the contributors to the initial code base for
the container - pretty much all of tthem. (Note we're reusing mx4j
as-is right now in the code).

Today the codebase has a bit of a JBoss-experience-bias I guess; so
we're eager to get as much feedback from OpenEJB & Jonas folks on the
current code.

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/