incubator-general mailing list archives

From Gianugo Rabellino <gian...@apache.org>
Subject Re: !AW: AW: AW: We want to donate a XML / Cocoon / EJB / WebStart - based CMS
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2003 21:12:28 GMT
Sascha-Matthias Kulawik wrote:

>>It's pretty hard, however, to
>>judge your software based on the resources we can see from here (a
>>german web site and a webstart admin tool which requires a
>>password). So
>

> Yes, you're right, the Website is german. Thats why I just want to start
> with the "process" and do the remaining stuff for that donation in that
> time.

Unfortunately (well, for you, not for Apache :-)) it doesn't work like
this with the ASF. If you carefully read all the project guidelines and
incubation proposals you'll see that to get into Apache you have to
follow a very strict set of requirements in terms of community first and
  code base next (but community is what really matters).

While I understand that it might sound harsh to you (the typical
reaction is like "what the heck, I'm givin my cool stuff away and those
guys are being picky?"), this is one of the main reasons for Apache to
continue serving just the best of breed in Open Source software. If
you'll be patient enough, I'm sure you'll learn to appreciate the
"Apache Way".

> Because of ongoing server problems you can test the Application under:
> http://213.252.141.109/admin/
> To get access to the Admin Tool try following:
> User: BT
> Passwd: test

Hmmm... I'm getting an 'Error during logon: "null"' which doesn't seem
much promising. :-/

Ciao,

--
Gianugo Rabellino