incubator-general mailing list archives

From Gianugo Rabellino <gian...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AW: AW: We want to donate a XML / Cocoon / EJB / WebStart - based CMS
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2003 20:50:04 GMT
Sascha-Matthias Kulawik wrote:

>>Anyway, even though I might sound a bit pessimistic, I just wanted to
>>warn you that the process of acceptance and incubation might
>>be longer
>>than you would expect.
>

> Yes, that's possible. But however, my main focus is to code this project
> into the future. So it would be really nice to become an Apache
> (Sub-)Project and find some really interested contributors.

I, for one, am very interested in CMS (though I have to say that I don't
believe J2EE and CMS mix really well). It's pretty hard, however, to
judge your software based on the resources we can see from here (a
german web site and a webstart admin tool which requires a password). So
far it sure looks interesting, but my friendly advice would be to open
it up as soon as possible (either on SourceForge or on your own
infrastructure) and see if you can get some external contribution.

Count on me at least for an evaluation: I can't help much since I'm just
an ASF committer and not a member, but I'll be happy anyway to see if I
can do anything useful.

Ciao,

--
Gianugo Rabellino