incubator-general mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <>
Subject Re: JIRA @ ASF (was: Re: policy question)
Date Fri, 22 Aug 2003 11:50:28 GMT

>I think the 'empowered' part is where Bugzilla falls down.  I don't know
>about Scarab, but JIRA administration is mostly done through the web
>interface.  Project-specific admins can be specified, who are allowed to
>create new versions/components for their project.
Don't forget that the import and export can be in XML via the web-admin
forms. That's how we (commercial install) handle some of our upgrades on
versions of Jira. Can handle huge import files very happily.

As such, lock-in was not on the feature list for Jira.

- Paul

-- -> The art of heavy lifting.
Home for many Agile practicing, Open Source activists...

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message