incubator-general mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject [PROPOSAL] Creating graveyard.apache.org
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2003 20:05:39 GMT

On the Jakarta project we are removing a sub-project. Xml.Apache has
others in "hibernation" and others will surely follow.

Since the incubator accepts new projects, it seems obvious for me to
propose here the opposite. That means possibly taking the responsibility
of also moving the dead projects to a resting place (which would need
AFAIK board change in our charter).

What about:

   graveyard.apache.org
   hibernation.apache.org
   byebye.apache.org
   devnull.apache.org
   frozen.apache.org

Where we can keep track of dead projects, with also some brief
explanation of how they died, and eventual history from those working on
them?

             - verba volant, scripta manent -