incubator-general mailing list archives

From Greg Wilkins <gr...@mortbay.com>
Subject Re: Why solve a problem that doesn't exist?
Date Sat, 09 Aug 2003 06:24:02 GMT

Jack Frosch wrote:

> How about swallowing your pride, giving up your aspirations of
> controlling every popular, open-source, significant project, and just
> embrace JBoss with support, MBean development, etc.?

I have spent the last two years embracing JBoss.  It is a great
J2EE container and I still use it and recommend it to my clients.

But for various reasons I decided to no longer embrace JBoss Group LLC.
Unfortunately the choice of how I earn a living appears to effect my
ability to contribute to the JBoss project.

Thus I am now embracing a new community and a new project. Plus I don't see
how pride, ego, control etc. can be motives for joining a democratic
meritocracy?

--
Greg Wilkins<gregw@mortbay.com>             Phone/fax: +44 7092063462
Mort Bay Consulting Australia and UK.          http://www.mortbay.com