incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jack Frosch <jackfro...@netscape.net>
Subject Why solve a problem that doesn't exist?
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2003 14:08:07 GMT
Open source projects typically solve a problem not addressed by
commercial vendors, even if the problem is just the price being charged
for the commercial solution. Yet we already have a very popular,
open-source J2EE container in JBoss.

Why must people's egos get in the way of common sense in our business as
in so many?  Like Microsoft, it appears that Apache.org just wants to
control everything - and that's just such a lamentable motivation,
whether held by Microsoft or Apache.org.

How about swallowing your pride, giving up your aspirations of
controlling every popular, open-source, significant project, and just
embrace JBoss with support, MBean development, etc.?

Frankly, I'm just dismayed by the Geronimo project and the pettiness of
the egos driving Apache.org.

Jack Frosch