incubator-general mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <P...@ThoughtWorks.net>
Subject Re: Project involvement
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2003 05:34:56 GMT
Tetsuya,

Is there any chance you chould (cheekily) rewrite the URL listed to
http://incubator.apache.org/projects/geronimo.html from
http://incubator.apache.org ?

It might (if we improve the page gradually) stave off a lot of this
newbieism. Tis very interesting the number of postings we are getting.
If Geronimo is going to fly (or jump/fall ;) it is going to have to be
highhly componentized.

Regards,

- Paul

>I have the same opinion, however, I am not a committer of
>incubator project.
>
>The only one thing I could do was to put this news to
>jakarta website.
>(With the mail address for the subscription)
>
>http://jakarta.apache.org/
>http://jakarta.apache.org/site/elsewhere.html#20030805.1
>
>It will be shown up in a few hours.
>
>-- Tetsuya (tetsuya@apache.org)
>
>P.S. I can rewrite to the place only which I have a karma for ;-)
>
>--
>
>On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 03:39:57 +0200
>(Subject: Re: Project involvement)
>Erik Abele <erik@codefaktor.de> wrote:
>

>>I wonder if someone should collect the addresses of all the interested
>>people coming in here with absolutely no clue and send them a
>>standardized mail with some instructions on how to get involved
>>(mailing list subscription, incubator site and so on)? They are clearly
>>asking for further information!
>>
>>Is it possible for the moderators to estimate the ratio of post-only
>>msgs compared to subscription requests? That would indicate if it's
>>clear how to participate...
>>
>>Perhaps it'd be also helpful to get an own mailing list for Geronimo?
>>I'd suggest something like geronimo-dev@incubator.apache.org or similar
>>to a) ensure that the incubation status is clearly visible and b)
>>prevent general@incubator from cluttering up too much. Is someone from
>>infrastructure@ already working on setting up this stuff?

http://www.thoughtworks.com -> The art of heavy lifting.
Home for many Agile practicing, Open Source activists...