incubator-general mailing list archives

From Raj.Pa...@barclayscapital.com
Subject RE: Invitation to participate in Apache J2EE efforts
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2003 16:21:59 GMT
Dear Sir/Madam

I am interested in becoming involved in your Apache Geronimo project in any
capacity.  Please send me more details of you effortts and how I can
contribute to this leading edge development.

Kind Regards

Rajan Patel
Architecture Solutions Developer
DreamWave Technology Ltd:
Email: apache_geronimo@harshna.nildram.co.uk

-----Original Message-----
From: Greg Stein [mailto:gstein@apache.org]
Sent: 05 August 2003 16:58
To: announce@apache.org; general@jakarta.apache.org;
general@incubator.apache.org; Bela Ban;
javagroups-development@lists.sourceforge.net;
javagroups-users@lists.sourceforge.net;
jboss-development@lists.sourceforge.net; jboss-user@lists.sourceforge.net;
jonas@objectweb.org; openjms-developer@lists.sourceforge.net;
openjms-user@lists.sourceforge.net; openorb-devel@lists.sourceforge.net;
openorb-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Invitation to participate in Apache J2EE efforts

As you may have heard by now, the Apache Software Foundation has initiated a
project to develop an open source, Apache-licensed implementation of the
J2EE specification. In addition, the project is committed to certifying the
implementation as J2EE compliant. This is an ambitious goal and will present
a formidable challenge for the people involved, given the wide range of
technologies covered by the specification.

The project (tentatively named "Apache Geronimo") builds upon the many Java
projects at the Apache Software Foundation. In addition, the project is
bringing together leading members of the Castor, JBoss, MX4J and OpenEJB
communities. We would like to extend an open invitation to everyone involved
in the J2EE space, both commercial entities and talented individuals, to
join the community and build a world-class J2EE implementation.

The Apache Software Foundation is in a unique position to build a J2EE
compliant platform. Our non-profit, charity status, and our relationship
with Sun Microsystems, provides the Foundation with access to the J2EE TCKs,
making it possible to achieve certification. In addition, our flexible and
unrestrictive licensing makes it possible for a wide variety of participants
to assist in the development of Apache Geronimo, and to build their own
solutions upon the platform.

Apache Geronimo has been launched within the Apache Incubator. You can find