incubator-general mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: Geronimo: Sounds like some plans have already been made...
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2003 21:16:56 GMT
On Thu, Aug 07, 2003 at 11:06:05AM -0700, Aaron Bannert wrote:

> On Wednesday, August 6, 2003, at 08:51  AM, Henri Yandell wrote:
>
> >James/Geir need to create a PROPOSAL.html or some such.
> >To do this, they need CVS.

CVS has already been created. The 'incubator-geronimo' module. See:

> Post any files you want committed, or patches, and I or someone
> with appropriate privs can commit them. Eventually we'll get sick
> of committing all your contributions and give you direct access. :)

James and Geir already have commit access to the incubator-geronimo module.
Along with Jim Jagielski, myself, and Ceki.

> >To get CVS, they need to get around the -1 on the name from Roy, or
> >just
> >ignore him.
> >
> >What are the incubator rules on -1's in this case? Is Roy's -1 binding?
>
> Yes, it is binding. Compromise with him or come up with another name.

No, it is NOT binding. Process-oriented decisions are done by voting, and
vetoes are not applicable. Vetoes only apply to technical decision.

The Geronimo name will stick until the community comes up with a new name.
Whether a new name will be *required* by the Board/membership/Incubator is
unknown right now.

> >Once the PROPOSAL.html is written, it and STATUS.html should contain
> >the
> >information you're asking for.
>
> Let's just stick to plain text for now.

Agreed.

All that said, Henri is right, though. Geir/James needs to start on a STATUS
file just like the other Incubator projects.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/