incubator-general mailing list archives

From Tetsuya Kitahata <tets...@apache.org>
Subject LOGGING TLP (Re: request for feedback on usage log management)
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2003 00:41:22 GMT

I am wondering how it would be if the "i18n" TLP project (not yet
proposed) can tightly build up a closer connection with logging
TLP ... because all the commercial products have the error/log
messages in each native laguages (Oracle, MS, etc.)

-- Tetsuya (tetsuya@apache.org)

--

On Tue, 05 Aug 2003 08:39:57 +0200
(Subject: Re: request for feedback on usage log management)
Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicolaken@apache.org> wrote:

> Jeff Ubois wrote, On 05/08/2003 4.21:
> > Hi,
> >
> > The EFF is developing a Usage Log Management Tool (ULMT)
> > The UMLT is desgined to work with Apache servers, but also serves as a
> > reference implementation of policy recommendations by the EFF and the
> > working group.  The design documents are available at
> > http://www.eff.org/projects/logmanagement/, and suggestions for
> > improvement (as well as any feedback about whether this might be an
> > appropriate project for the incubator) would be much appreciated.
>
> The Apache Jakarta Logj Project is thinking about proposing the creation
> of an Apache-wide project on logging, called logging.apache.org.
>
> I suggest you to contact them on log4j-dev@jakarta.apache.org, and
> especially Ceki <ceki@qos.ch>, that is leading the effort.
>
> --

E-mail: tetsuya@apache.org