incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jochen Wiedmann <...@ispsoft.de>
Subject Re: Why solve a problem that doesn't exist?
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2003 08:33:39 GMT
Quoting Stefano Mazzocchi <stefano@apache.org>:

> On Friday, Aug 8, 2003, at 04:29 Europe/Rome, Jochen Wiedmann wrote:

> Our of curiosity: where did you get the impression that we were not
> anymore?
>
> [not being ironic, just curious, so that we learn for future efforts]

Nothing I can express, more an emotional thing. When I wrote that people
seem to behave "formal", I didn't mean so much that they are abiging their
rules, more in the direction of "cold". (Sorry for not better explaining
myself, it is sometimes hard, if you aren't a native english speaker and
used to talk in technical terms only.)

I still do believe, that my feeling wasn't so bad. By grepping to the
emails you will surely find words like "dictator", "ignore him", and
all that kind of stuff, which definitely do not express respect or
a kind of sadness ("too bad we cannot even use the excellent deployer").
For the outsider that I am, this is not a positive sign, even if there
may be good reasons. And that is precisely why I think that explanations
might not hurt.

Jochen