incubator-general mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Invitation to xmlbeans-dev
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2003 14:19:26 GMT

kkress@bankofny.com wrote, On 31/07/2003 16.13:

> Berin,
>
> Personally, I'm undecided about Steven Noels request to become
> a committer. In the same way that I am a relative unknown to
> you, Steven and Ted are new acquaintances. In fact, all of the
> current committers are new acquaintances to me. So my dilemma is
> do I say, "Bring 'em on, the more the merrier" or do I say, "Why
> don't we wait until the current committers have bonded before
> we add someone new." I'm straddling the fence.
>
> I did think that Ted made a good point earlier: The ratio of BEA
> to non-BEA committers is high and adding committers at this point
> could be interpreted as "padding".
>
> I'd love to hear how the other committers feel. Perhaps that will
> tip me to one side or the other.

AFAIK usually a couple of mentors are added to the committers list. This
happened with POI AFAIK for example.

I would keep this, as it helps by example (not on code necessarily but
at least about how to manage things), and makes it possible to have more
active oversight to the CVS codebase.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -