incubator-general mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Policy for incubating project resources (was Re: xmlbeans project )
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2003 11:59:33 GMT
Ted Leung wrote, On 30/07/2003 12.15:

> Could we start by answering my question from 7/22 on the correct version
> of the software license grant document?
>
> I count three at the moment.
> 1) http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=incubator-general&m=104803185122794&w=2
> 2) foundation/software-grant.txt
> 3) foundation/license-grant.{txt,pdf}

IIUC these are all the same; they only differ as 1 and 3 contain the
actual names of some projects that have used it, and in particular 1
contains both versions. What is the problem?

> And can we get it on the website, please?

Well, I would personally say no to having the grant itself there.
Donations to the ASF should at least come through members IMHO and
having the document there enforces it. I'll just add a note pointing to
that location, unless others have different opinions.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -