incubator-general mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Need any help on incubator docs?
Date Fri, 11 Jul 2003 15:46:16 GMT
on 7/10/03 11:53 PM Cliff Schmidt wrote:

> I've spent a lot of time over the last couple months learning everything I
> could about starting a new project in Apache.  I've read several docs on the
> incubator site and elsewhere, including guideline docs, charters, and old email
> posts.  I've spent about a dozen hours talking to Apache folks to confirm the
> impressions I got from the docs.  And I expect I'm going to learn a lot more
> in the next couple months if the XMLBeans project is accepted and starts
> transitioning into and out of the incubator.
>
> I was thinking of trying to put together a structured document, or maybe a set
> of Wiki pages, to help out the next person who wants to consider starting an
> Apache project.  Does anyone think this could be useful?  Is there already
> other work being done in this area?  If not, should I just start posting
> off of http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?ApacheIncubatorProjectPages/?
>
> Let me know if there is any interest in this.

I have the impression several people (me included) will simply start
*loving* you if you do ;-)

and will also give people a feeling that you are doing this because you
care as an individual and not because of your affiliation (which is what
matters for us, since we care about you as a person, not as part of
something, unlike many other institutions out there, say JCP to cite one)

So, you are even more than welcome to do this.

--
Stefano.