incubator-general mailing list archives

From kkr...@bankofny.com
Subject Re: Invitation to xmlbeans-dev
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2003 14:13:49 GMT
Berin,

Personally, I'm undecided about Steven Noels request to become
a committer. In the same way that I am a relative unknown to
you, Steven and Ted are new acquaintances. In fact, all of the
current committers are new acquaintances to me. So my dilemma is
do I say, "Bring 'em on, the more the merrier" or do I say, "Why
don't we wait until the current committers have bonded before
we add someone new." I'm straddling the fence.

I did think that Ted made a good point earlier: The ratio of BEA
to non-BEA committers is high and adding committers at this point
could be interpreted as "padding".

I'd love to hear how the other committers feel. Perhaps that will
tip me to one side or the other.

  Ken.

--
Ken Kress                                     kkress@bankofny.com
SAS, The Bank of New York                            484.605.4834

<berin@ozemail.com.au>
07/30/2003 10:57 PM
Please respond to general