incubator-general mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <rdon...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Policy for incubating project resources (was Re: xmlbeans project )
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2003 22:14:17 GMT
On Tuesday, July 29, 2003, at 10:54 PM, Paul Hammant wrote:

<snip>

> 3) Web sites will be hosted at
> http://incubator.apache.org/projects/subProjectName.  Project teams will
> desist and redirect web sites formerly the home of the project.  The new
> site hosted at Apache will not refer to any commercial or open source
> 'value added' site dedicated to the new sub-project in anything other
> than a secondary links page.

really this needs to be an import process like the code import. the old
pages need to be imported and converted to the apache way both in format
and in tone. this is probably as important as the donation of the code and
may have similar copyright implications. ideally, the web site content
should be donated to apache as well as the code.

> 4) Downloads will be hosted at Apache under the usual mechanisms

i assume that this means downloads which comply with the ASF rules. so
this probably means new downloads created whilst in incubation.

> Thoughts ?

the rest sounds good to me. why not supply a (website) patch ;)

- robert