incubator-general mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Policy for incubating project resources (was Re: xmlbeans project )
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2003 16:21:46 GMT

On Wednesday, July 30, 2003, at 03:15  AM, Ted Leung wrote:

> Yes, I've looked at the STATUS file.  You can't miss it -- it's
> autoposted every week.  That doesn't change that the file hasn't been
> updated in 3 months.   Yes, the CLAs and the software grant are being
> worked on.  The code is being sanitized, the package names are being
> changed, etc.   The discussions on this have been going on in private
> e-mail because there's no list for them to go to.  I guess you guys
> just want us to dump all that stuff here in general@incubator.

Yes, please discuss it here on general@incubator! Private email is the
absolute
worst place for these types of discussions.

If the STATUS file hasn't been updated in 3 months, and you see
something that
needs fixing, update it yourself!

I noticed that you think the incubator PMC is responsible for doing the
*work*
of incubation. That is a false assumption. The Incubator is a place
where new
projects can be incubated. The contributors to the Incubator are those
people who want to accomplish incubation. Anyone can contribute. The PMC
exists solely for oversight of the process, not to implement the
process.

-aaron