incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoli...@apache.org>
Subject XML Beans advertised on Jakarta ... Re: Vote for XMLBeans proposal
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2003 14:01:32 GMT
On 7/7/03 2:09 PM, "robert burrell donkin"
<robertburrelldonkin@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> XMLBeans feels (to me) like a jakarta component but if xml are happy to
> manage it, i'd say that it'd probably work out easier that way. there isn'
> t any reason why XMLBeans couldn't be visible on the jakarta website and
> as part of the jakarta community (which seem to be the main advantages
> which components see in joining jakarta) whilst being managed by the xml
> pmc (which would host their site and primary link).

I'd object to that personally.  We link projects which were in Jakarta
historically and have become top level projects, but we do not link all of
the XML projects.  I'd object to that not only on practical concerns but
with the logic "Then I'd like POI linked from the XML site" ;-)

-andy

> - robert

Andrew C. Oliver

http://jakarta.apache.org/poi