incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoli...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Proposal: Develop application that provides addresses of clients to other clients on the Internet
Date Sun, 06 Jul 2003 17:03:52 GMT
In general, Apache only accepts projects with an existing community or at
least sourcebase with the potential to attract a large community.  I would
suggest you start the project and attract a community at
http://sourceforge.net and once you've started that much make a proposal.  A
second path would be to apply to the http://jakarta.apache.org/commons (for
java) or http://commons.apache.org.

-Andy

On 7/6/03 1:23 PM, "Vineet Kumar" <vineet.kumar@xyoom.com> wrote:

> I want to propose a new project that enables the Apache Server to provide
> the addresses (IP address and port) of clients (PC, PDA, etc.) to other
> clients on the Internet. This application is somewhat similar to Presence
> Servers available in the market but it goes through firewalls/NATS, and it
> is very light-weight; it only provides the address and leaves the rest to
> the clients for peer-to-peer communication/collaboration/etc. Great for
> mobile person who wants to communicate/collaborate with other people from
> anywhere on the Internet.
>
> Questions:
> -----------
> Is this the right place to develop this project? If not, then is there
> another linux based open software development foundation that is suitable
> for this project?
>
> Status Of Project:
> There is absolutely no code written yet.
>

> Regards,
> vineet
> -------
> Vineet Kumar, Ph.D.