incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Cliff Schmidt" <cl...@bea.com>
Subject RE: XMLBeans incubation status file
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2003 18:59:57 GMT
On Wednesday, July 30, 2003 2:57 PM, Ted Leung wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> Here's the contents of the incubator/projects/xmlbeans/STATUS file.
> It's a snapshot of where we are in the
> overall incubation process.   Please add/delete and comment
>
> Ted
>
> Tasks for XMLBeans incubation.
>
> * Define incubation exit criteria
> * Complete License Grant agreement

This should be done in the next few days.

> * Have all committers sign CLA's
> ** Cezar Andrei (cezar.andrei@bea.com)
> ** David Bau (david.bau@bea.com)
> ** Tim Hanson (timothy.hanson@bea.com)
> ** Ken Kress (ken@kress.org)
> ** Laurence Moroney (laurence.moroney@reuters.com)
> ** David Remy (david.remy@bea.com)
> ** Cliff Schmidt (cliff.schmidt@bea.com)
> ** Eric Vasilik (eric.vasilik@bea.com)
> ** Robert Wyrick (rob@wyrick.org)

The non-BEA committers should respond here.  Regarding the
BEA committers, this will also take a few days for the BEA
lawyers to approve.  Even though individuals are signing
the forms, the employee/employer relationship requires us
to work this out with the lawyers first.

> * Relicense XML beans files with ASL 1.1
> ** add ASF copyright to all files
> ** move all packages to org.apache.xml.xmlbeans or whatever
> ** eliminate all non ASL code and library dependencies

This is being done within BEA right now so that the code is
as ready as possible when we drop it into cvs.  One of the
committers involved in this will send a separate, more
detailed update to the xmlbeans-dev list shortly.

> * mailing list tasks
> ** lists-archived:
> *** mbox -> xml.apache.org/mail
> *** Eyebrowse setup
> * setup xmlbeans wiki area and refactor pages to there

I'll start working on this in the next few days.

> * configure build to match ASF style
> * setup mirroring of builds
> * set up to sign builds
> ** committer PGP keys
> ** committer keys signed by someone in ASF (probably twl)
> * grant some comitters access to xml-site

David Remy (daveremy) and I (cliffs) will need access to start
with.

> * build xmlbeans website

Once given access, Dave and I will get started.  Any other
volunteers are more than welcome.