incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Cliff Schmidt" <cl...@bea.com>
Subject RE: XMLBeans incubation status file
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2003 17:41:41 GMT
On Wednesday, July 30, 2003 5:55 PM, Tetsuya Kitahata wrote:

> Hello, XMLBeans folks
>
> On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 14:57:03 -0700
> (Subject: XMLBeans incubation status file)
> Ted Leung <twleung@sauria.com> wrote:
>
>> Here's the contents of the incubator/projects/xmlbeans/STATUS file.
>> It's a snapshot of where we are in the
>> overall incubation process.   Please add/delete and comment <snip/>
>> * Relicense XML beans files with ASL 1.1
>> ** add ASF copyright to all files
>
> I'd like to volunteer this. How can I?

Thanks for offering, Tetsuya, but David Bau is working on this right
now.  We thought it would be easier and maybe even preferable for
the licenses to be changed before dropping the code in cvs.  (See my
update on status to follow.)  The reason you didn't know that is that
we started making preparations before the xmlbeans-dev list was ready
for us.  Now that it is; we will make sure all discussions about
XMLBeans -- even the prep work in the next week -- is done over the
public list.

>> ** move all packages to org.apache.xml.xmlbeans or whatever
> org.apache.xml.xmlbeans
> ->
> org.apache.xmlbeans??
> (Other apache-xml/jakarta/db projects' subprojects are using this
> style, it seems)

org.apache.xmlbeans it is.

>> * configure build to match ASF style
> <snip/>
>> * build xmlbeans website
>
> Which bulid/website system do you (xmlbeans folks) want to use?
> Forrest? Maven?

Let me get back to you on this.

Thanks,
Cliff