incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Cliff Schmidt" <cl...@bea.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Policy for incubating project resources (was Re: xmlbeans project )
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2003 23:07:36 GMT
On Tuesday, July 29, 2003 2:51 PM, Roy T. Fielding wrote:

<snip/>

> My opinion is that we will continue to meander around until someone
> who gives a rat's ass about some new project volunteers to set up
> the incubation process.  Right now, nobody even wants to chair the PMC
> because anyone who attempts to lead is shot down and everyone who
> wants to create a new project is unwilling to work on documenting its
> progress.

Roy,

As one of the XMLBeans committers, I have already promised [1] to
document the process that we've gone through and will go through in
the incubator.  Berin has also volunteered to help document some of these
decisions.  This doesn't solve everything, and I'm sure there will be some
debate of our interpretation of these guidelines, but we're trying.

Cliff

[1] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=incubator-general&m=105789924527114&w=2
[2] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=incubator-general&m=105930859930904&w=2