incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Cliff Schmidt" <cl...@bea.com>
Subject Need any help on incubator docs?
Date Fri, 11 Jul 2003 04:53:55 GMT
I've spent a lot of time over the last couple months learning everything I
could about starting a new project in Apache.  I've read several docs on the
incubator site and elsewhere, including guideline docs, charters, and old email
posts.  I've spent about a dozen hours talking to Apache folks to confirm the
impressions I got from the docs.  And I expect I'm going to learn a lot more
in the next couple months if the XMLBeans project is accepted and starts
transitioning into and out of the incubator.

I was thinking of trying to put together a structured document, or maybe a set
of Wiki pages, to help out the next person who wants to consider starting an
Apache project.  Does anyone think this could be useful?  Is there already
other work being done in this area?  If not, should I just start posting
off of http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?ApacheIncubatorProjectPages/?

Let me know if there is any interest in this.

Thanks,
Cliff