incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ted Leung <twle...@sauria.com>
Subject Re: request to accept new project: wsrp4j
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2003 22:27:42 GMT
On 7/31/2003 2:30 PM, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

>they are ready to dot the eyes and cross the teas; they are
>assembling the clas, will be executing the software grant
>as soon as i get it to them, they have a community of developers,
>they have a sponsoring asf project (web services) which is
>eager for it, and they have a mentor to help them through the
>process (sam ruby).  Davinum Srinivas <dims@apache.org> from
>the web services project (cc'd) should be able to answer any
>questions from that end.

I'm unclear as to the project destination here.  Your message says its
WS and the proposal
says Jakarta.   I just looked and couldn't find it. I also couldn't find
it in general@jakarta.
As long has voted to accept it, I've no problem.  It's just that I'm on
the WS PMC and I can't
remember the vote for this.

>the codebase is dependent upon another which is *not* yet open,
>but which will be licensed appropriately and which is intended
>to follow the first one as a donation.  for internal ibm reasons
>to which i'm not privy, this must be a rear-drive cart.  however,
>since the horse will have safe licensing, i don't anticipate a
>problem.

I object to this.  I would prefer to see both donated together,
especially if one cannot work
without the other.

>please reply asap if you have objections; if i don't see any by
>monday, i'll assume a lazy consensus and get the ball rolling.
>also speak up if you object to my doing so. :-)

See above.

Ted