incubator-general mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject request to accept new project: wsrp4j
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2003 21:30:01 GMT
ibm has a codebase that they want to open through the asf.  the
detailed proposal has already been posted on the apache wiki at
by sam, several months ago.

they are ready to dot the eyes and cross the teas; they are
assembling the clas, will be executing the software grant
as soon as i get it to them, they have a community of developers,
they have a sponsoring asf project (web services) which is
eager for it, and they have a mentor to help them through the
process (sam ruby).  Davinum Srinivas <> from
the web services project (cc'd) should be able to answer any
questions from that end.

the codebase is dependent upon another which is *not* yet open,
but which will be licensed appropriately and which is intended
to follow the first one as a donation.  for internal ibm reasons
to which i'm not privy, this must be a rear-drive cart.  however,
since the horse will have safe licensing, i don't anticipate a

also, for whatever reason, they would like to get this moving as
fast as possible.  since it appears to meet all of our (albeit
somewhat vague) criteria for incubation eligibility, i think this
is a no-brainer and we should pretty much just say 'yes.'

please reply asap if you have objections; if i don't see any by
monday, i'll assume a lazy consensus and get the ball rolling.
also speak up if you object to my doing so. :-)
#ken	P-)}

"Millennium hand and shrimp!"

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: